Sunday, July 18, 2010

sunday

An ambivalent day. On the one hand, a day to take your time and enjoy whatever comes. On the other, one must get ready to go back to work the next day. Two sides of the same coin. That was my day.
I was able to get to the barn early enough to beat the worst part of the heat. Rode outdoors and enjoyed it. I made sure to incorporate bending and some shoulder in in my warm up, and it paid off. Pixie was soft and responsive. Ten minutes of nice trot. I was the only one in the arena; a good day to practise galloping in two point. It took two laps for her to work up to a good speed. Then two laps going as fast as we could in the confines of the arena. Turn, and do it again the other way. It only took 4 minutes, but I was winded. Pixie seemed to enjoy it. After a walk break, I went back to trot and did some serpentines so Pixie would have to think and didn't have time to get pissy about obeying again after the fun. It worked, she only fussed a little. Then a few minutes of long and low trot on the buckle. What a rewarding ride!
Some barn chores, turned PT out for a few minutes, and I was done just after noon. More chores at home, but also time to sew and make some killer lemonade. As the day winds down, I am sorry to see another weekend go. You never know what the week will bring; I like to start out thinking it will be productive and go smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment