Sunday, July 4, 2010

winners

I'm a winner, after all. It occurs to me that to have participated in the event at all after that fall means that I am the kind of person who has the winner mentality. It was in the top five of the worst tumbles I have ever taken, on or off a horse. I feel like I accomplished something and I am a stronger person as a result.
I just wish my head would stop hurting. My forehead is so sore; I keep looking for a bruise but there isn't one. Now that the event is over, I am feeling the aches and pains. Good thing I am going to the chiropractor on Thursday. Will try to get an x-ray before then just to be sure nothing is broken.
Pixie is fine. She didn't eat her mash yesterday because I put her bute in it instead of struggling to put it in her mouth. Mistake-she didn't get the bute or the mash. So today, I did the bute dance with her and succeeded without too much trouble. Then we went out to graze and I did some Tai Chi while she munched. It felt good to move the Tai Chi way; I think it helped. I will give Pixie bute for five days and only light work for the next two weeks. I hope that will be enough to make her feel better.
Longer term, I may try to do a hunter show sometime in August if I can find one. Something easy to get back into the game. Only if Pixie tells me she feels up to it. I am going to listen to her a lot better from now on.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're still sore. I hope it's nothing serious! We seem to keep missing one another at the barn, but let me know how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete