Sunday, July 4, 2010

trixie

Trixie caught a BIG dragonfly this morning. Wingspan must have been about 6-7 inches. Now she thinks she's the great calico hunter. It kept her busy for at least an hour. I kind of felt sorry for it, but I don't get as into insects as I do furry or feathered creatures. Even so, I try not to kill them myself if I can release them somewhere instead. Exceptions: mosquitoes, horse flies, and other biting or otherwise vicious ones (except bees, of course). But I digress-this was supposed to be about my cute calico kitty and how proud she was of her catch. Now maybe she will stop going after squirrels. She wouldn't know what to do with one if she did catch it, which I hope never happens!

1 comment:

  1. I'm like you and try not to kill bugs if I can help it. Even the spiders get a pass as long as they aren't in the bedroom or bathroom. We have an old house -- coexisting with spiders is a fact of life!

    My kitty Cleo used to be a mighty bug hunter when she was younger, but she's gotten fat and cranky with middle age.

    ReplyDelete