Thursday, July 1, 2010

Reality Check

Today was a weird day, can I have a do-over? It started out OK. Tai Chi was very good. I sold my scooter. Kinda sorry to see her go, but I was limited on where I could go on her, so it just didn't seem worth it to keep her around.
Went to the barn for my lesson, and it was going really well, until I fell off. Wow, I haven't done a somersault in a long time-and I don't want to do one like that again. It was an accident. Pixie stumbled after a jump, stopped, and I kept going right over her head. We were almost done for the day! I saw stars for a minute, but got back on and kept at it until I felt normal again. It took a little while. It won't stop me, but I will be a little stiff on Saturday. I have ice on my neck as I write this. Next, a bath with Epsom salts. And lots of ibuprofen. Now I know how Ali felt at the Seabreeze show, but I don't bounce like she did.
The day gets weirder. When Howie got home, he had a story for me. He was walking on his lunch hour in the 16th street mall. Suddenly noticed a car following him, then two guys running at him. He stopped. He thought they would run past him. They didn't. They were US Marshalls looking for a fugitive. Asked him for his ID and held up a picture to compare to his face. When they were done, Howie turned around and there was an SUV right there with a "dog the bounty hunter" looking guy in it. God, Howie's IRS ID badge saved him! Only the IRS is scarier than US Marshalls! It's not safe out there! Quoted from Q, on Star Trek Next Generation.
We are both now safe at home and thankful for that. I still want my do-over. Some days, I wouldn't get out of bed if I knew what was going to happen. Now for that bath...

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I've fallen a lot of different ways, but never over Panama's head. Sounds scary... I hope you recover quickly!

    Ice, ibuprofen, and a bath are my usual cures, too.

    By the way, my verification word is deadesxj. Spooky, after the day you and your husband had!

    ReplyDelete