Tuesday, July 13, 2010

falling

My chiropractor says that rolling is what saved me. When you fall, you are supposed to tuck and roll. As if a normal person can think of that in the split second before the earth hits you. And there is no way I am going to practice falling off my horse. Surprisingly, the top riders do control their falls by rolling. But mine was simply momentum. My head hit, and I did a somersault from the force of my forward motion. BTW, if your helmet hits the ground, you need to replace it. My new one is on the way.

1 comment:

  1. Deja vu... I think I've read this before. ;o)

    Falling is almost always a blur to me. I am hitting the ground before I even realize I am airborne. But I guess I must be okay at falling, because I've never gotten seriously hurt. I did roll when Panama bucked me off Sunday, but it was mostly over my shoulder, so I think my helmet is okay (it didn't take an actual impact). I have no clue how I fell the second time because by the time my brain caught up, I was back on my feet again.

    ReplyDelete