Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Monday before work I was very productive. Washed saddle pads, did Tai Chi, and made a big pot of spaghetti. Work went quickly because I was in decontam and there were 30 cases! At least Georgina wasn't there, so I didn't have to think of ways to avoid her toxicity. An empty basket fell on my thumb and hurt like hell. It hurt that night, too, and my hand was weak. Not good right before an event. Tuesday, I filled out an incident report just in case there was nerve damage or something. This is Wednesday morning, and it is almost back to normal thank goodness. I overstaffed today, so it will be 6 days off in a row for me! Yea!

I really needed the extra day to get ready. I ironed my jacket and shirt, washed my gloves, and got everything in order so I don't have to think about it on Sat. morning. Received my ride times-11:o6 for dressage, 1:24 for xc, and 2:24 for jumping. I will only have to get up about 45 minutes earlier than I usually do-great!

Used today to catch up on other chores like getting an oil change and the pictures from Mesa Verde developed.

My show nerves are starting. Last night, I woke up and had a hard time getting back to sleep. I tried to use the time for mental rehersal, but that made it worse. From now till Saturday, my main focus is to let go of the nerves and concentrate on having a good time. Wish me luck with that!

There are 11 entries in my division, and I really want to be in the ribbons; but having a fun and safe day is much more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment