Sunday, June 27, 2010

western pleasure riders

Are all western pleasure riders dumb as rocks? Do they start out that way, or does going round and round at a mind numbing pace hour after hour turn their brains to jelly? How hard is it to figure out that all the horses in the arena don't have to go in the same direction? Why doesn't passing left to left come naturally? Did they learn to drive in Europe? NO, it's not courteous to stop, blocking my way, and ask "do you want to reverse?" when I am coming at you at a trot and say "rail"!! Then you supposedly make it better by saying you are just trying to be courteous!! You are trying to be an ass hole and you succeeded!! Like I told you, if you reverse every time I do, you are going to be changing direction a lot. More than you have ever had the initiative to do on your own in 20 years of riding. Because you are brain dead!

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I have such a hard time when there are other people in the arena, especially during a lesson when I'm focusing on my riding and what Leslie is telling me... I get overwhelmed. And then too, like Leslie was telling me on Friday, I apparently don't call out loudly enough -- like on Friday when I was telling you I'd take the rail since you were circling, and you didn't hear me so we both came to a stop... I felt so bad about that. I'm especially sorry since I now know it really bothers you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I am learning how to do this, so I'm not sure this is how to respond to you-I hope you get this message. You are NOT the person I was talking about in my rant against western pleasure riders. I have never had a problem with you-mistakes happen occasionally, no big deal. I always try to stay out of the way of anyone taking a lesson, as I would appreciate they do for me. For some reason, David does not know proper ring manners. He thinks everyone should go the same direction at all times. That would be OK if everyone was a braindead rail bird like he is. Some of us need to do transitions of all sorts, including going the other direction. If everyone in the arena is aware, it works even with several people riding. But it only takes one dolt to gum up the whole works. Sorry, I am ranting again.

    ReplyDelete