Friday, June 25, 2010

New Blog

Life is good. I am grateful for the wonderful people, animals, and things in my life, and for the activities I get to enjoy. In this space, I will chronicle activities and feelings of my everyday life.

This is the last week leading up to the event at Pendragon Stud, so I am concentrating of getting ready for that. I have wanted to compete there for three years, and finally get the chance. The first year, I just wasn't ready. The second year, I had to be out of town to attend my mother's 90th birthday celebration. This year, I'm going! My major feeling at this point is confidence. Pixie had injuries all winter and was out of commission for a long time. At first I thought I would not be able to ride this year. Persistance and lots of vet visits took care of her, and now she is better than ever! Then, a great thing happened-Barb agreed to give me lessons again. It's true that you don't know what you've got till it's gone; I did not find anyone that came close to Barb for lessons while she was away at a distant barn. In just a couple of weeks, she has helped me get ready and feel confident for this event. I also spent many hours at the sewing machine making myself a tailored riding jacket. I don't know if it will be too hot to wear it; but I will look sharp if I do. So here I am, almost ready to go! I am beginning to get excited in anticipation. I will be using that excitement to my advantage on course.

Meantime, life goes on and I have chores to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment