Sunday, June 27, 2010

back to normal

OK, the rant is over. Back to my day, which was good. Tai Chi in the morning after chores. At the barn, the first thing I did was let Pixie run in the arena. She had a great gallop. Man, she can do a beautiful extended trot when she's running loose. Talked to Priscilla while our horses grazed. I had told myself that today my main goal was to go easy on Pixie, refrain from micromanagement. I came close. I only rode for half and hour; in the indoor out of the sun. Pixie was a little disobedient. I started to micromanage, then caught myself and gave her more latitude to find the right thing. Then I also practiced letting go of mistakes and going on. We did a decent test. Pixie got her leads, and she gave me four good square halts. I am pleased. She gets a well deserved two days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment